Unvalidated Ideas #042
[ ✅ Free | Premium ]
Here's a fresh idea you can take out there and validate.
Build (AI?) for Box (🗒Raw Notes)
Most people think of Dropbox or Google Drive for sharing files, but you know what enterprises use surprisingly often? Box.
Compare Dropbox's free cash flow versus Box's free cash flow. If we go off that alone, Box is about 1/4th as successful -- you know how many developers are building for Box? It's a rounding error compared to Dropbox.
The idea is vague because there's a lot of ways you can go with it. You can:
- Find the most used Dropbox integrations and clone them
- Create a new sexy integration (AI)
- Pick an extremely boring task (PDF scanning) and get good at that
- Find a startup that does document processing and build a similar functionality
- Pick a feature from Dropbox/GDrive that Box doesn't have and implement it
The possibilities are endless, but what's clear is that we have a huge enterprise population on Box who are not getting much developer attention. Give them some attention.
What was in this week's uncut edition?
Like being teased? I hope so, because here's what was in the uncut edition this week:
- Build (AI?) for Box
- Better███████for developers
- App store████████████
- How to have ideas, and dump your subscription to this newsletter
Don't forget, there's always
money in the banana stand 3x more in the uncut edition.
Thanks for reading!
If you liked this letter feel free to criticize, comment on, remix, and share these ideas with your fellow builders and entrepreneurs!
If email isn't your style, you can also get ideas 🐦 tweet by tweet.
Check out the archive for access to editions that have been previously released.
Interested in advertising on Unvalidated Ideas? Get in touch.